PLATFORM's Masterclass on ERA-NET (Cofund) planning and management (25 and 26 June 2015)
Group photo of the ERA-NET project managers
This Master Class for the ERA-NET project managers was organised with the focus on lessons learned from the first Cofunds. Also learnings from Plus projects were included. In addition learning topics more from ERA-NETs with focus on innovation, multi-ERA-net calls and how to manage institutional funds had been discussed. There was also time to look into the Framework Partnership Agreement and Specific Grant Agreement – the new instruments for ERA-nets starting in 2017.
All the participants learned important tips and tricks for their current or future work. Mrs. Ulla Sonne Bertelsen for example, was one of the organisers and co-chaired the meeting and presented the experiences from CORE Organic on how this ERA-NET is successful in optimising the use of national funds and raise the level of scientific excellence across countries.
Available downloads (pdf)
- Introducing PLATFORM and the Master Class (Christine Bunthof)
- Optimal use of funds, practical management to decrease imbalance in requested/available funds at national level and include all funders - Case CORE Organic+ (Ulla Bertelsen)
- How to direct the calls to increase the innovation aspects and increase SME involvement- Case ERA-IB (Marion Karrasch)
- Fund management, practical examples and potential for alignment - Intro to the distributed results of survey (Ulla Bertelsen)
- Additional activities, practical examples with use of funds CASE: FACCE SURPLUS (Nicolas Tinois)
- Support to Public ‐ Public Partnerships (ERA‐NET Cofund; Framework Partnership Agreement; ERA‐NET Cofunds so far; P2P in WP2016/17) (Joerg Niehoff)
- Multi‐network calls – experiences and a discussion of how two or more networks can collaborate in one ERA‐NET (Cofund) action - CASES: Joint call FACCE and BiodivERsA, WaterWorks 2014 (Heather McKhann)
- Expert evaluation, what changed with Plus and Cofund, best practises - CASE: BESTF2 (Kerry Young)
- How to manage institutional funds in calls - CASE: JPI Climate Cofund ERA4CS (Chloe Deygout)
- Basic background document on Cofund
- A practical explanation of main financial principles in H2020 ERA‐NET Cofund
- In Kind ERA-NET COFUND overview
- List of participants
This Masterclass was organised by PLATFORM WorkPackage 1: Practice: Efficient, effective, and inclusive organisation of ERA-NET activities, and took place at DG Research & Innovation, Brussels on Thursday 25 and Friday 26 June 2015.